Friday, January 16, 2015

Out and about

First of all I am so sorry I have not blogged more…at all.  Let me catch you up a little. 
On the weekends we get the option to go out on Saturday to nearby cities. The first weekend 10/4/14 we went to the Lake District to the city of Windamear. It was a gorgeous English day of off and on rain and sun! The landscape was fantastic also! The first thing we did was walk to the fairy to go across the lake. While talking to one of the deck hands I learned that Beatrix Potter’s house was just over the hill 2 miles away!

My friend Erika and I decided go on an adventure and try and find the house. We set off hiking through the woods and along the small English roads uphill. Once we were on top of the hill we could see out over the English countryside and it was stunning! The sun had come out and was lighting up the green hills with big puffy white clouds and bright blue sky all around! After asking directions we finally found the house. We inquired about buying a ticket to see the house and realized it was pretty expensive but the gardens were free and we could look at the house just not go in. Oh my gosh! The gardens were amazing! It was just like walking in to her books with peter rabbit! It was so quaint and so English! Looking at the pictures in the books and then at her gardens you could see all the different little scenes in there natural settings. I absolutely loved it! We took a bus back to the ferry so we would make it on time and then headed back to the castle.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment