Thursday, February 12, 2015

My Favorite City! YORK!


York is absolutely my favorite city in all of the UK perhaps the World! I love the charm and feel of York. It is a very old quaint town that is full of history and culture while maintaining its northern English roots. Mom and I got to spend 3 days there over Christmas then we took Drew and Dana back there a few days later because we loved it so much. At school we had the opportunity to go for a day and I jumped on it! It was so fun with my family but equally fun and different with my friends. Our first views of York was the amazing towers of The Minster. The bells were chiming while were there and filled the whole city with their loud scales of notes. We explored the walls around the city and got amazing views of The Minster. Then we had tea in this adorable cafe called Vanilla Tea. It was the exactly what you would think of for a cute English tea house. After that we explored the shops, the chocolate factory, and the Shambles. Which is a really cool street that has a Diagon Alley feel to it. All of the shops are small locally owned and have lots of locally hand crafted items. It is so fun to explore with wonder in all the shop windows while holding amazing dark hot chocolate. My favorite moment of the day was breaking off on my own and sitting in the park behind The Minster on a very comfortable wooden bench gazing at this huge beautiful place of worship of my God! In that moment I felt Peace and so close to Jesus. At the end of the day we were all tired from walking we made it back to the buss and got to expierence one of the brightest most colorful sunsets I have seen in a long time. For me York is always worth the trip!

(Me in front of The Minster)
( Me in the adorable Tea shop with little flags and tulips by the window)

(My crazy group of friends front to back, Kayla, Franzi, Lene, Anna, Elle, and not pictured were Shaun, Aundrea, and Melissa)
(Perfect English Yorkshire Tea in a china tea cup)
(A cute 1,000 year old church we stumbled upon) 








(The Shambles!)





(Me with my dark hot chocolate in the Shambles) 
(My favorite street because of the shops)
(Me and a few of the girls walking on the Roman walls that surround the city)
(Pretty views of York Minster from the walls)
(More views of York Minster)


(Kayla and I in front of York Minster)
(Me in my favorite spot in York)
(My favorite spot in the park behind the Minster looking at the side with he flying buttresses and the big tower in the middle) 


(The magnificent sun set behind the silhouette of York Minster) 

No comments:

Post a Comment