Friday, August 22, 2014

Big Craft Project



About 2 years ago Daniel came to me wanting to redo the art in the hallway ware the classrooms are for children’s ministry. I pondered it for a long time day dreaming about what to do and came up with an idea. Then the idea grew and took shape and I could see it in my head. I began to get excited about the big task in front of me. I had time off from work and I decided to take it on and have it done for the kick start of Sunday school. I quickly realized this was not a simple afternoon craft project but a multi day many hours crafting explosion. My creativity side was in overdrive as I designed and pieced everything together. My hands were covered in black paint, then colored paint, then hot glue (ouch!) and finally mod podge! I was creating texture out of buttons, paper, fabric and paint so that each one is unique but all working together. Finally will all the frames and letter done it was time to hang on the wall!
 
After a full page of math, measuring tape and a level I got them hung evenly, straight, and level! My daddy would be so proud! It turned out exactly the way I pictured it and I love it so much! Prime Time Children’s Ministry is now displayed on a 26 foot wall! Thanks Oak Hills Church for letting me be creative on your walls!




No comments:

Post a Comment