Friday, August 22, 2014

Thunder storms

Living in Reno I have gotten accustom to the amazing thunder storms we get in the summer time. The big puffy whit thunder clouds form over the Sierra Mountains and settle in the valley below. You can feel the air get humid as the storm approaches and it smells of rain. This was one of those days. On this afternoon I was over at my friends Joleen’s house and of course Gotham came with me. He had a play date with her polar bear of a dog Samson while we had girl talk. While we were catching up we heard the distant rumble of thunder in the clouds through the open windows. Pretty soon we smelled the sweet smell of rain on a hot summer day. It didn’t take long and we could hear the rain as it came down hard and then the thunder was BOOMING over our heads.

By this time the puppies were already dirty and damp so we just watched them have fun as they got wetter and muddier! They were rolling and jumping on the wet ground and what started out as a white and a yellow dog ended up in 2 happy, tired, wet, dirty black dogs! I am pretty sure they had one of the Best Days Ever. I would not even let Gotham set foot in the house before his bath. I carried him directly to the tub much to his dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment