Friday, April 25, 2014

February

With February brought snow. Since we were not getting any in the Sierras my friend Joleen and I went to Utah!!! We drove out there with her boyfriend David and hit it just right. We followed a storm in and got to ski powder the whole time. We skied Canyons in park city and it was beautiful! The snow was fluffy and deep! Joleen and I skied from the tallest lift that was full of experts only signs. It was amazing! We played in the aspens which was magical.


At Canyons they have a Belgium Waffle shop and OMG they were to die for! They would stuff your sweet fluffy with 2 bars of Belgium dark chocolate and then top it with whip cream and strawberries! I was in Heaven! That was my favorite part of the trip only second to the powder runs with Joleen.
On our way out of town we stopped at a local museum because they had the Dead Sea scrolls exhibit. That was incredible! This is one of the jars the scrolls were found in. being able to see the history from Jesus’ time was absolutely incredible! I know I am such a history nerd.
Gotham is growing up also. He is so goofy and loves to play with all his toys. He is not partial to one or the other he must play with them all.











The end of February also brought my Dads birthday. In honor of him I made his favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. He could never get enough of them. I miss him so much!
I also was able to get a few Ski Patrol Days in at Sierra at Tahoe. I do love my home mountain! It is so pretty watching the sun get low and doing sweep. I feel so close to my Dad in these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment