Sunday, November 20, 2011

Frolicking in the Meadows

Yesterday afternoon with nothing to do we decided to drive out to Hope Valley and see what we could see. This was a very spontaneous trip with no real plan or goal. I went with Michelle, Ben, Sean, Josh, Daniel, & Luke. The drive over there was spectacular as always and I found my self thinking back to how life was the last time I was driving out there.

It was about a month ago when Ben and I went out there to see the fall colors of the aspens. It was unbelievable!!!! The trees were on fire with color! Now just a short month later everything was so different. The trees are ready for winter, no leaves, the bright white of the aspen trunks stood out amongst the dark forest behind them and everything was so quiet like it was bracing its self for the snow that was hours away. Just like the aspens in Hope Valley I to have changed and prepared myself for the next season that is coming in my life. I am learning and growing in my walk with God by the hour. It has not been easy I am up and down but after working through some big challenges in the past few weeks I am on the other side. I am happy!!! I am ready to take on more challenges with the new found strength I have in Christ.

We got to a meadow and parked the cars. Immediately all the boys got out and start running around being boys. Michelle and I got bundled up because with a snow storm only hours away the air was very cool and crisp. All the boys start throwing rocks into a frozen pond, laughing, joking and messing around. It was awesome to see my boys playing freely with out any worries in the world. Michelle and I were cold so we started walking to try and keep warm. We walked past the pond out into the middle of the meadow.

I looked around me and all I saw was the meadow and beautiful mountains topped with snow!!! Instantly my spirit was set free! I had freedom from the world. I was filled with joy and happiness that I hadent experienced in a long time. Out in that meadow we were silly, childish, funny, and most of all we were all free. We laughed and giggled as we ran across the meadow like we were little kids. The boys ran after us and pretended to be a army coming to take our land. There was a sword fight between Michelle and Luke with golf clubs. Then we all joined on one quest to get all the way across the meadow to the Rock. We made it and claimed the land as our own.

It was a day where we were all taken back to our childhood with imagination, quests, fun, laughing, and no worries what so ever. The boys were boys and the girls were girls. We get so caught up in out "adult" lives that we forget to have fun and act like a kid again. I cant wait until we can do that again!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, dear Lysie - your words and stories are so refreshing. It sounds like an amazing day and lady, you can write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyse-
    Great work on your post! One the great challenges for me is finding a balance in everyday life - being a responsible adult (work, husband, father...) and being a filled with wonder, joy and enthusasim of being a kid in all those same places, and doing in way that honors God!

    ReplyDelete