Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trust and Love

Trust and Love are two of the most powerful pieces in any relationship that we can have. With out either one the relationship will either crumble or never move forward.

Trust and Love are also two of the most sensitive pieces in any relationship. It requires us to expose out selves and be vulnerable with that person. With different people that we have relationships with we have different levels of trust and love we will allow for that relationship.

So what happens when you get hurt and the trust is broken and the love is damaged? What happens if you trust someone completely, love them unconditionally, and are completely vulnerable with them and something goes wrong? How do you move forward? How do you love again? How do you trust again? What happens when you have been hurt so badly that you loose trust in the words "I Love You"? What happens when you loose trust in the truest meaning of love and every way it is expressed in every relationship you are in?

I recently discovered that, that was me. I didn't know it but I had lost all trust in love. I had given everything and I got hurt and everything I knew about love got smashed and I lost all my trust in it. I wanted to believe people when they told me they loved me but in the back of my mind I always had this doubt that kept me from fully trusting that their love for me was true and real. Each and every time I was faced with some one telling me I was loved or that they loved me in such a real and true way I would burst into tears. I had no idea why those three little words affected me so much that every time I herd them and knew that they were true it struck me to my core and all I could do was cry. I longed to know in my heart that those words were true and I could trust them. I longed to know in my heart that I was in fact Loved.

The vale that was over me that was keeping me from trusting in love was lifted. I was able to see the filter that I was looking through. I was able to see and recognize that the reason I was feeling this way was because I had been wounded and it need to be healed. God is so good! He shined light on this wound that I never though I had. He did this so He could heal it and restore me to complete fullness in Him.

I am not completely healed yet but I am working on it with God. I am so thankful that he loved me enough to show me where I needed healing. I know I am loved and I also know it is going to be a long hard road before my heart is completely healed from this wound and I am able to love and receive love from other again. It is going to be even harder for me to trust someone down the road with my heart again. But I believe that God will restore me and prepare me for my husband when we are both ready in His timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment